Companies incorporated in the U.S. as C Corporations are eligible for the section 1202 tax exclusion on the sale of stock, unless the corporation was formed as a (i) Domestic International Sales Corporation (DISC), (ii) regulated investment company (RIC), (iii) real estate investment trust (REIT), (iv) real estate mortgage investment conduit (REMIC), or (v) the corporation, direct, or indirect subsidiary is electing section 968 tax exemption.

What is a DISC?

What is section 968?

What is a REIT?

What is a RIC?

What is a REMIC?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *